Evolution of Money: The Why & How of Bitcoin- Seminar Hall, Mar Athanasius College, Cochin
Discussion on Bitcoin and why it's one of the most important inventions yet
Thursday, February 24, 2018 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM (IST)
Evolution of Money: The Why & How of Bitcoin
What to expect?
High level overview of Bitcoin, events leading to its invention and a discussion of its impact on the world. This talk assumes no technical background.
- Money as a tool
- Impact of the invention
- Flaws of current monetary system
- How Bitcoin solves some of those flaws
- The technology behind Bitcoin: Blockchain
- Alternate Coins
- State of affairs
- What’s coming?
- How to get involved!
What this is NOT?
- Not an investment forum
- You are likely to hear close to nothing about price fluctuations or trading
- Curious mind
- Casual talk or discussion
- Might have a couple of breaks
- Not timed to the minute
- Audience encouraged to drive the conversation
- Go back with a mental model of the technology behind Bitcoin
- Understand why it’s such a big deal
- Cut through the noise media is making around it
- Open & free group of technologists, enthusiasts & companies
- Mainly concerned with decentralized/P2P tech
- Started in Trivandrum
- Collaboration via Hangout, Meetups & Telegram group
- We are launching the Cochin Chapter at the venue & we welcome each one of you!
- Connect via:
Will be updated after the talk
|Speaker||Jikku Jose (Telegram)|
|Venue||Seminar Hall 2, Mar Athanasius College, Kothamangalam|
|Date||February 24 2018|
|Time||10 am to 3 pm|
|Host||IEEE, Mar Athanasius College|
|Point of Contact||Eldho MA |
|Registration Link||Google Form|
2018-02-24 10:00 2018-02-24 15:00 Asia/Kolkata Evolution of Money: The Why & How of Bitcoin Discussion on Bitcoin and why it's one of the most important inventions yet Seminar Hall, Mar Athanasius College, Cochin Blockchain Interest Group firstname.lastname@example.org